Saturday, October 31, 2009

Limited depth of field week - part III


cat,depth of field,portrait
- ISO 80 - f4.8 - 1/250s - No flash

macro,flower,depth of field
- ISO 80 - f4.8 - 1/200s - No flash -

depth of field,macro,random
- ISO 80 - f2.8 - 1/640s - No flash -

depth of field,spider,macro
- ISO 80 - f2.8 - 1/1000s - No flash -

I was playing around with the limited depth of field so much that I have decided to post more pictures regarding the matter.

Top left - I can't seem to stop taking portrait shots of cats. It's so frustrating when they do not cooperate with you. But when they do, the results are worth all that effort.

Top right - Standard long range "macro". The composition is not great. Practice makes perfect.

Bottom left - I saw an article in the Borneo Bulletin regarding macro shots last week. It talked about the "dew on leaves". I had some success at it (by accident :) two posts back). Rather than the dew on leaves, this is some sap coming out of a cracked mango.

Bottom right - This is my first ever macro shot of living spider. I found it by accident when I was taking some macro of nearby flowers. You can also see an ant to the right of the spider. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment